7 Tips For Shower Remodeling: From Budget To Classy
Are you considering remodeling your bathroom shower? Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly update or a lavish upgrade, these seven tips can help you transform your shower from dull to dazzling. Read on to discover how to approach your shower remodeling in the most efficient and cost-effective manner!
Introduction: Shower Remodeling
There are many reasons to remodel your shower, from increasing its resale value to simply making it more functional and stylish. A new shower can also be a great way to save water and energy, as well as make your bathroom feel more spacious.
Here are some of the top reasons to consider a shower remodel:
- Increase Your Home’s Resale Value
A well-designed, updated shower can add significant value to your home when it comes time to sell. In fact, according to the National Association of Realtors’ 2018 Cost vs. Value report, a mid-range bathroom remodel will recoup an average of 52% of its cost at resale. And if you’re planning on selling in the near future, a new shower is a great way to appeal to potential buyers without breaking the bank.
- Make Your Shower More Functional and Accessible
If your current shower is cramped, outdated, or difficult to use, a remodel can make it much more functional and user-friendly – especially if you’re planning on aging in place. Adding features like grab bars, a seat, or a hand-held shower head can make your shower safer and easier to use for all members of your household. And if you have young children, consider adding a shower door or curtain that’s easy for them to open and close.
- Update Your Shower’s Look
Whether you’re going for a classic or contemporary look, there are endless design options to choose from when it comes to remodeling your shower. You can pick out new tile and grout colors, upgrade your faucets and fixtures, or even add a new shower head to give your bathroom an instant facelift.
- Save Water and Energy
Remodeling your shower is also a great way to reduce water waste and save energy costs. Consider installing a low-flow shower head or choosing water-conserving fixtures that will help you do your part in conserving the environment. You can also look into adding insulation around the pipes to prevent heat loss, which will help keep your hot water bill lower each month.
Whether you’re looking to increase the value of your home, make it more functional, or simply update its look, shower remodeling is an easy and cost-effective way to do so. With so many options available, it’s easy to find something that works with your budget and design preferences – so don’t hesitate to start planning your remodel today!
Tip 1: Select a Theme for Your Shower
If you’re planning a shower remodel, one of the first things you’ll need to do is select a theme. This will help to set the tone for the rest of your design and will ensure that all of your decisions are made with your overall vision in mind. Not sure where to start? Here are a few popular shower themes to get you inspired:
- Tropical: Bring the outdoors in with a tropical-themed shower. This can be achieved with bright colors, natural materials, and plenty of greenery.
- Spa-Like: Create a serene and relaxing space with a spa-like shower. Stick to muted colors and soft textures, and consider adding features like built-in shelving or a rainfall showerhead.
- Rustic: Embrace your home’s natural charm with a rustic shower. Stone walls, exposed beams, and earthy colors will give your space an authentic feel.
- Modern: Keep things clean and simple with a modern shower. Sleek lines, neutral colors, and minimalistic decor are key here.
Tip 2: Choose the Right Space for Your Shower
When planning a shower remodel, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing the right space for your new shower. There are a few things to consider when making this decision, including the size of your bathroom, the layout of your bathroom, and your budget.
If you have a small bathroom, you may not have much choice when it comes to the size of your shower. However, you can still choose a space that will work well for your needs. For example, if you have a small bathroom but want a luxurious shower, you might consider installing a walk-in shower. This type of shower takes up more space than a traditional shower, but it can give you the extra room you need to add features like multiple showerheads or built-in storage shelves.
If you have a larger bathroom, you’ll have more flexibility when it comes to choosing the right space for your shower. However, it’s still important to consider the layout of your bathroom when making this decision. For example, if you have a large bathroom but want to keep the same footprint as your existing shower, you might install a neo-angle shower. This type of shower has two walls that meet at an angle, which helps save space while still providing plenty of room for features like multiple showerheads or built-in storage shelves.
No matter what size bathroom you have, there are ways to make sure your new shower fits within your budget. One way to do this is by
Tip 3: Maximize Natural Lighting and Ventilation
There are shower remodeling ideas that can help make the space feel more open and bright. One way to do this is to maximize natural lighting and ventilation in the shower. This can be done by installing a skylight or window in the shower, or by keeping the door to the shower open when possible. Ventilation is also important in preventing mold and mildew from growing in the shower. Installing a fan in the shower can help to circulate air and keep the space dry.
Tip 4: Consider the Different Types of Showers Available
When you’re considering a shower remodel, one of the first things you’ll need to decide on is which type of shower to install. There are many different types of showers available on the market today, and each has its own unique benefits and drawbacks. Here are a few of the most popular types of showers to help you narrow down your choices:
- walk-in showers – These showers are becoming increasingly popular in new home construction and remodeling. They offer a sleek, modern look and can be customized to fit any space. However, they can be more expensive than other types of showers and may require professional installation.
- pre-fabricated showers – These showers come in standard sizes and shapes and are usually made from fiberglass or acrylic. They’re easy to install and are often more affordable than walk-in showers, but they may not offer as many customization options.
- tiled showers – Tiled showers offer endless design possibilities and can be customized to fit any space. They can be more expensive than other showers, but they’re durable and easy to maintain.
- steam showers – Steam showers are a luxurious option that can turn your bathroom into a private spa retreat. They can be expensive to install and require regular maintenance, but they offer many features that other types of showers don’t, such as built-in seating, rainfall showerheads, and aromatherapy diff
Tip 5: Install Quality Fixtures and Accessories
When it comes to fixtures and accessories for your shower, always go for quality over quantity. It’s better to have a few high-quality pieces that will last you a long time, rather than a bunch of cheap, flimsy items that will need to be replaced often.
Some essential fixtures and accessories to consider for your shower include:
- A quality showerhead: Look for one with multiple spray settings and solid construction.
- A soap dish or dispenser: Choose a style that coordinates with the rest of your shower’s fixtures and accessories.
- A towel rack or hook: Again, opt for a style that compliments the rest of your shower’s décor.
- Storage solutions: If your shower doesn’t have built-in shelves or storage, consider adding some baskets or caddies to keep things organized.
Tip 6: Focus on Water Efficiency
When it comes to shower remodeling, one of the most important things you can do is focus on water efficiency. There are a number of ways to make your shower more water efficient, and by doing so you can not only save money on your water bill, but also help to conserve this valuable resource.
One way to increase water efficiency in your shower is to install low-flow fixtures. Low-flow showerheads and faucets can significantly reduce the amount of water used without sacrificing performance. Another option is to install a rainwater harvesting system, which collects and stores rainwater for use in the home. This can be especially beneficial if you live in an area with frequent droughts or water shortages.
There are also a number of simple things you can do to reduce water use in your shower, such as taking shorter showers, turning the water off while soaping up, and investing in a high-efficiency showerhead. By making even small changes like these, you can make a big difference in the amount of water you use – and save yourself some money in the process!
Tip 7: Finishing Touches to Make it Classy
Once you have your shower remodel completed, there are a few final touches you can add to give it that extra bit of class.
Glass doors are a great way to add a touch of class to your shower. They keep the water in the shower and make it look more luxurious. If you don’t want to go with glass doors, you can also add a rain shower head for a spa-like feel.
Tile is another great way to add some class to your shower. You can use accent tiles around the border or on the floor for an added touch of luxury.
Finally, consider adding some shelving or storage options in your shower. This will help keep things organized and tidy and make it look even more put together.
Save Time and Money with the AMD Remodeling Team!
A good shower can revitalize your mind and body, but it’s not easy finding the perfect one. A new shower might seem like a big investment of time and money. However, there are many ways to make it worth your while. For the shower of your dreams, call AMD Remodeling today!
We work with customers across Dallas, Richardson, Plano, Addison, Carrollton, Allen, Frisco, Murphy, and Wylie, TX. Get started on your dream design and remodeling project by calling 469-547-5887 to schedule your free consultation!