After selecting the perfect tiles, fixtures, and paint colors, it’s time to turn your attention to the accessories that will truly make your space shine. From sleek towel racks to luxurious bath mats, we’ve rounded up 10 must-have bathroom accessories that are sure to elevate your renovation project from ordinary to extraordinary. So pour yourself a cup of coffee and join us as we explore the final touches that will transform your bathroom into a personal oasis.
After you’ve completed your bathroom remodel, it’s time to accessorize! Here are some must-have accessories to complete your bathroom:
- Towel bars and hooks: These are essential for hanging towels, robes, and other items.
- Toilet paper holder: This is a necessity for any bathroom!
- Bath mat: A bath mat can add comfort and style to your bathroom.
- Shower curtain: A shower curtain is a necessary item for any shower. It can also add style to your bathroom.
- Bathroom mirror: A bathroom mirror is a must-have for any bathroom. It can be functional and stylish.
- Bathroom cabinet: A bathroom cabinet can be a great way to store items and keep your bathroom organized.
10 Must-Have Accessories to Complete Your Bathroom Remodel
After you’ve completed the big projects in your bathroom remodel, it’s time to accessorize! Here are some must-have accessories to complete your bathroom:
1. Towel bars or hooks – A place to hang your towels is a must in any bathroom! Towel bars are a classic choice, but if you’re short on space, towel hooks can be a great alternative.
2. Soap dispenser – Keep your countertop tidy with a soap dispenser. You can choose a model that matches your faucet for a coordinated look, or go for something more unique to add personality to your space.
3. Toilet brush and holder – A toilet brush and holder is an essential accessory for any bathroom. Choose a style that coordinates with your other fixtures for a pulled-together look.
4. Trash can – Don’t forget a trash can! A small wastebasket can tuck away into a corner, or you may prefer a larger freestanding model. Either way, be sure to choose one that fits the style of your new bathroom.
5. Shower caddy – A shower caddy is a must-have for keeping your toiletries within reach in the shower. Look for one that has shelves and hooks to maximize storage space.
6. Mirror – A bathroom mirror adds both form and function to your space. Choose one that’s framed for a classic look, or select an unframed model with beveled edges for a modern touch.
7. Medicine cabinet – If you’re looking to maximize storage space, consider installing a medicine cabinet. This versatile accessory not only provides extra storage, but can also double as a mirror above the sink!
8. Towel rack – A towel rack near the tub or shower is essential for keeping towels close by after you’ve finished bathing. Look for one with multiple bars so you can hang multiple towels at once!
9. Rug/mat – Bathroom rugs and mats are a great way to add warmth and style to your space while also protecting against spills and moisture buildup on the flooring below. Choose a color or pattern that coordinates with your other accessories for best results.
10. Shower curtain/liner – Lastly, don’t forget the all-important shower curtain or liner ! This essential accessory not only adds privacy, but can also be a great way to add a pop of color or pattern to your bathroom.
Vanity mirrors are one of the final touches that can really complete your bathroom remodel. They come in all shapes and sizes, and can be hung on the wall or placed on a countertop.
When choosing a vanity mirror, consider the size of your bathroom and the look you’re going for. If you have a small bathroom, a simple round or square mirror might be all you need. If you want to make a statement, go for an ornate frame or a large sunburst mirror.
Placement is also important. Hang your mirror at eye level so you can see your reflection clearly. If you’re putting it on a countertop, make sure it’s not too high or too low – you should be able to see yourself from head to toe.
Finally, think about the lighting. Make sure your vanity mirror is well-lit so you can see what you’re doing when applying makeup or shaving. Choose a spot with natural light if possible, or add some task lighting around the mirror for optimal illumination.
There are so many different types and styles of lighting fixtures to choose from these days. It can be tough to decide which ones are right for your bathroom. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing lighting fixtures for your bathroom remodel:
- The size of the room. You’ll want to make sure the light fixtures you choose are proportional to the size of the room. Too small or too large and they will stick out like a sore thumb.
- The style of the room. Whether your bathroom is more traditional or modern, there are lighting fixtures available to complement any style.
- The function of the room. Different rooms in the house serve different purposes, and your bathroom is no different. Make sure the light fixtures you choose provide adequate light for whatever task you’ll be using the room for (i.e., shaving, applying makeup, etc.).
Towel Racks and Hooks
One of the final touches in any bathroom remodel is choosing the right towel racks and hooks. There are many different styles to choose from, so it’s important to select something that not only matches the overall style of your bathroom, but is also functional. Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting towel racks and hooks for your bathroom:
- Wall mounted or freestanding? Towel racks can either be mounted on the wall or left freestanding. Wall mounted options take up less space and can give your bathroom a sleek, streamlined look. Freestanding options are more versatile and can be moved around as needed.
- How many towels will you need to accommodate? Make sure to select a towel rack or hook that can accommodate the number of towels you’ll need on a daily basis. If you have a large family or often entertain guests, opt for a larger capacity option.
- What type of material do you prefer? Towel racks and hooks are available in a variety of materials, including wood, metal, plastic, and even glass. Select something that coordinates with the other hardware in your bathroom for a cohesive look.
If you’re remodeling your bathroom, don’t forget the little things that can make all the difference. One of those things is a shower caddy. A good shower caddy can help keep your bathroom organized and tidy, and it can also add a bit of style to your space.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a shower caddy. First, think about the size of your shower. If you have a small shower, you’ll want to choose a smaller caddy. If you have a large shower, you may want to opt for a larger one so that you have plenty of room for all your toiletries.
Another thing to consider is what type of material you want your caddy to be made from. There are many different materials available, including plastic, metal, and even bamboo. Choose the material that best fits your needs and style preferences.
Finally, think about how you want to use your caddy. Do you need extra storage for shampoo and soap? Or do you just want somewhere to keep your razor and toothbrush? There are many different types of shower caddies available, so make sure to choose one that will work well for you.
Toilet Paper Holders/Dispensers
There are a variety of toilet paper holders/dispensers to choose from when completing your bathroom remodel. You can opt for a traditional holder that mounts to the wall, or go for a freestanding option that can be placed anywhere in the room. There are also dispensers that mount directly to the toilet tank, freeing up space on the wall or floor.
When choosing a toilet paper holder/dispenser, keep in mind both form and function. You’ll want to choose an option that complements the overall style of your bathroom, but also one that is easy to use and refill. Some holders/dispensers even come with additional features like storage shelves or built-in waste baskets.
Bathroom Trash Cans
If you’re remodeling your bathroom, you’ll want to choose accessories that are both functional and stylish. One essential item is a trash can. While a plain white trash can may be fine for some, there are many other options available that can add a touch of class to your bathroom.
There are many different styles of bathroom trash cans available on the market. You can choose from traditional round or square cans, or opt for something more unique like an oval or oblong can. There are also many different materials to choose from, including plastic, metal, wood, and wicker.
When choosing a bathroom trash can, make sure to consider its size. You’ll want to make sure it’s large enough to hold all the waste generated by your family, but not so large that it takes up too much space in your bathroom. Also consider where you’ll be placing the trash can. If it’s going in a corner, you may want to get a smaller one so it doesn’t stick out too much.
Once you’ve decided on the perfect trash can for your bathroom, don’t forget to accessorize! A matching toilet brush and holder set would look great next to your new trash can. Or, if you’re looking for something more unique, try adding a wastebasket liner in a fun pattern or color.
Your bathroom remodel is almost complete! The sink and counter are in, the tile is laid, and the new tub or shower is installed. All that’s left are the final touches. Here are some must-have accessories to complete your bathroom remodel:
If you’re looking for a soap dispenser, there are many stylish options available to match your bathroom’s decor. Choose from wall-mounted or countertop styles in a variety of materials, including glass, metal, and ceramic. For an added touch of luxury, opt for a soap dispenser with an LED light that illuminates when the pump is pressed.
Complete your bathroom countertop with matching dishware. Coordinate your soap dispenser and toothbrush holder with a wastebasket, tissue box cover, or lotion dispenser in the same material and finish. Or mix things up with an eclectic mix of different materials for a unique look.
Bath Mats and Rugs
Bath mats and rugs are the final touches to your bathroom remodel. They add comfort and style, and can make a big difference in the overall feel of your space. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing bath mats and rugs:
- Size: Make sure to measure your space before shopping for bath mats or rugs. You’ll want to leave enough room around the perimeter of your bathroom so that the mat or rug doesn’t interfere with doorways or other fixtures.
- Material: Bath mats and rugs come in a variety of materials, from absorbent cotton to luxurious silk. Consider your needs when choosing a material – if you have allergies, for example, you’ll want to avoid materials that could trigger them.
- Style: Bath mats and rugs come in all sorts of styles, from simple and functional to ornate and decorative. Choose a style that fits with the overall design of your bathroom.
Windows are one of the most important features in a bathroom. They provide natural light, ventilation, and privacy. When selecting windows for your bathroom remodel, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, decide what type of window you want. There are many different styles of windows available, from traditional casement windows to more modern options like skylights. Consider the look you want for your bathroom and choose windows that complement that style.
Next, think about function. Make sure the windows you select will provide the amount of light and ventilation you need. If privacy is a concern, look for windows that can be obscured with blinds or curtains.
Finally, don’t forget about energy efficiency. Today’s windows are much more energy-efficient than older models, so choose windows that will help keep your bathroom cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
With just a few simple changes you can make your bathroom look brand new and modern. Whether it’s installing some new tile, replacing hardware, or adding decorative accents, these tips will help update your bathroom without breaking the bank. A good place to start is by taking stock of what needs to be done and then working through each step one at a time. The results will have you feeling like you’ve stepped into an entirely different space! Give AMD Remodeling a call today at 469-547-5887