Home remodeling: what to do and what not to do
There has been a lot of discussion about remodeling a home, whether it be for renovations, repairs, or just to update the look. Some homeowners love the idea of changing their homes entirely, while others want only small adjustments to make. In this blog post by AMD Remodeling, find out what the best way is to go about remodeling your home!
What you need to know about home remodeling
If you’re considering a home remodel, here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Be realistic about the time and money you’ll need – Just because you want to remodel your home doesn’t mean that you can do it on a whim. Plan ahead and factor in the cost of materials, hiring professionals, and other necessary expenses. Trying to do it yourself can lead to wasted time and money, so it’s best to consult with an expert if you’re not sure where to start.
2. Make sure all your appliances are compatible – One of the most important things to consider when remodeling is how your new appliances will work with your existing walls, flooring, and fixtures. Before making any decisions, be sure to test out each appliance in an inconspicuous area so there are no surprises later on.
3. Choose the right paint – The type of paint you use can make a huge difference in the overall appearance of your room. Pick colors that will complement the style of your room and pick a color scheme that will blend well with your wall colors. Consider painting over existing walls and re-paint them instead of tearing them down if they’re not in good condition.
4. Add extra storage – Whether it’s for clothes, decorations, or other items, adding extra storage areas to your home is a great way to organize yourself and also gives you more options when designing your space.
What not to do when redesigning your home
Do not go overboard with renovations. A home remodel should not cost more than 2% of your home’s value, and it is important to keep in mind that a remodel is an investment. If you are considering a major overhaul, consult with an expert before starting any work.
When tackling smaller repairs and updates, take these tips into consideration:
-Think about what will look best on your block. Consider the style of your home, the neighborhood around you, and other homes in your vicinity. If your neighborhood is traditional and conservative, don’t try to update your home to look modern; go for a more subtle update instead.
-Consider what will make your home functional. Do you need additional space? Is there a room that needs better insulation or lighting? Make sure to factor these things into your renovation plans.
-Remember that a renovation should be done in phases. Start by updating small areas first, and then add to those updates as budget permits. This way, you can avoid feeling overwhelmed or frustrated during the entire process.
When is the best time to do a home remodel?
A home remodel can be a great investment for your home. However, there are some things you should not do if you want to preserve the value of your home. Here are four tips to keep in mind when deciding when is the best time to do a home remodel:
1. Don’t do a home remodel during a recession. When the economy is tough, people are less likely to spend money on major repairs or improvements. This means that there will be fewer opportunities for contractors and home sellers to make a profit.
2. Don’t do a home remodel if you’re not prepared to spend money on materials and supplies. It can cost tens of thousands of dollars to complete a large project like this, and you’ll need to have the money available in order to cover those costs.
3. Don’t do a home remodel if you don’t have the time or patience for it. This is an intensive process that requires plenty of time and effort on your part. If you’re not up for it, it may be better to wait until the economy improves and there are more opportunities for contractors and buyers alike.
Best areas in which to remodel
There are a lot of different things that homeowners can do to their homes to make them more comfortable and attractive. Before getting started on your remodeling project, though, you need to make sure that you are doing everything correctly. Here are some best practices to keep in mind when remodeling your home:
-Always use a contractor: Remodeling your home on your own can be a lot of work, and it’s not always easy to get the measurements right or to follow the instructions properly. A contractor will be able to help you with all of these tasks, and they will also have the experience necessary to know how to best execute your project.
-Think about the layout of your home: When you’re designing your remodel, think about how people will interact with the space. If there are areas in your home that are difficult to access or uncomfortable to sit in, consider redesigning them so that they’re more accessible or comfortable.
-Think about what you want the finished product to look like: Once you’ve decided on the layout and design of your home remodel, it’s important to stick with those plans. Don’t try to add too much complexity or extra features into your project; if something
Tips for designing your ideal remodel
Designing your dream home remodel can be daunting, but with a little elbow grease and some clever planning, you can create a space that is both beautiful and functional. Here are a few tips to help get you started:
1. Think about your lifestyle. What kind of things do you enjoy doing in your home? Are there areas that feel cluttered or cramped? Consider rearranging furniture or possessions to make more room for relaxing moments.
2. Take stock of what you have. Do you have an empty wall that needs fillings? An unused window that could be used as extra light or ventilation? An unused corner of the basement or attic that could be turned into a home office? Once you understand what your dream home remodel might include, start collecting ideas and inspiration from magazines, online resources, and friends.
3. Make a budget. Just like any other project, home remodeling costs money. Figure out how much money you want to spend on each phase of the project and set realistic goals for yourself. Don’t forget to account for materials and contractor fees!
Call AMD Remodeling for Your Remodeling Projects!
Whether you have a cracked or leaking shower base, are tired of grimy, unsightly tile grout, or simply want to update your bathroom with current trends, the team of shower remodeling experts at AMD Remodeling can help you get the simple shower remodel you desire. We will walk you through the shower remodel process, take your ideas and give them shape, and present you with options that you may have never considered. Creating the shower of your dreams is simple when you work with AMD Remodeling.
We work with customers across Dallas, Richardson, Plano, Addison, Carrollton, Allen, Frisco, Murphy, and Wylie, TX. Call our remodeling contractors to discuss your remodeling needs today: 469-547-5887.