5 Tips To Make Your Shower More Functional
If you’re looking to increase the functionality of your shower, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we will be discussing five simple tips that can help you bring a whole new level of practicality and convenience to your bathing routine. From adding storage solutions to utilizing multi-purpose accessories, we’ll provide you with all the advice and guidance you need for making your shower more functional than ever before.
Understanding what makes your shower more functional
When it comes to making your shower more functional, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, think about what activities you typically use your shower for. Whether you’re just looking to get clean or you also use it as a place to relax and unwind, this will help dictate the features that will make your shower more functional for you.
Some common features that can make any shower more functional include:
- A built-in shelf or storage nook: This is great for holding all of your shower essentials within easy reach, so you don’t have to waste time searching for them every time you step in.
- Multiple spray settings: Having different spray settings (such as massage, mist, and rain) can help you customize your shower experience to better suit your needs each day.
- A comfortable seat: If you like to take some time to relax in the shower, a seat can be a lifesaver. It allows you to prop yourself up and enjoy the water without having to stand the whole time.
- Easy temperature control: Being able to quickly and easily adjust the water temperature is important for both comfort and safety. Look for a shower with controls that are within easy reach.
Utilizing all the space in your shower
If you have a small shower, you may feel like you’re constantly running out of space. However, there are plenty of ways to make the most of your shower space!
Here are some tips for utilizing all the space in your shower:
- Hang a shower caddy from the shower head to store all of your shower essentials within reach.
- Install shelves along the sides of your shower to store shampoo, soap, and other products.
- Use hooks on the back of the door or on the wall to hang towels or robes within easy reach.
- If possible, install a corner shelf in your shower to maximize storage space.
- Keep a trash can in your shower so that you can easily dispose of any items that are no longer needed.
Installing shelves and towel bars
If your shower doesn’t have shelves or towel bars, it’s time to install some! Shelves are great for holding shampoo, soap, and other shower necessities, while towel bars provide a place to hang wet towels after your shower.
To install shelves, start by measuring the space where you want to install them. Then, head to your local hardware store and purchase some shelving brackets that will fit the space. Once you have your brackets, simply screw them into the wall and then place your shelves on top.
Towel bars are installed in much the same way as shelves. Start by measuring the space where you want to install the bar, then purchase some brackets that will fit that space. Screw the brackets into the wall, and then slide the towel bar into place. That’s all there is to it!
Investing in a rain showerhead
If you’re looking for ways to make your shower more functional, one of the best things you can do is invest in a rain showerhead. Rain showerheads provide a luxurious showering experience, and can also help save water and energy. Here are some tips for choosing and installing a rain showerhead:
- Consider your budget. Rain showerheads range in price from around $30 to $300. If you’re looking for a high-end option, expect to pay closer to $300. However, there are plenty of great mid-range options that will still provide an excellent showering experience.
- Choose the right style. There are two main types of rain showerheads: square and round. Round rain showerheads are more traditional, while square rain showerheads have a more modern look. Consider the style of your bathroom when making your selection.
- Make sure it’s compatible with your plumbing system. Before purchasing a rain showerhead, check to see if it’s compatible with your plumbing system. Most standard showers will work with any type of rain showerhead, but if you have an older home or unusual plumbing, you’ll want to make sure the model you select will work with your existing setup.
- Follow the installation instructions carefully. Once you’ve selected the perfect rain showerhead, be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully so that you don’t damage your plumbing or cause any leaks. If you’re not comfortable doing the installation yourself, consider hiring a professional.
Choosing the right tiles and accessories for your bathroom
When it comes to choosing the right tiles and accessories for your bathroom, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you need to decide what type of look you’re going for. Do you want a sleek and modern bathroom or a more rustic and traditional one? Once you’ve decided on the overall aesthetic you’re going for, you can start picking out specific tiles and accessories that will help create that look.
For example, if you’re going for a modern look, then you might want to choose sleek, white tiles and minimalistic accessories. On the other hand, if you’re going for a more rustic look, then you might want to choose earthy-toned tiles and more antique-looking accessories. Either way, just make sure that all of the elements come together to create a cohesive look.
Another thing to keep in mind when choosing tiles and accessories for your bathroom is functionality. Make sure that the items you select are actually going to be useful in your space. For instance, if you have a small bathroom, then you might want to skip the large bathtub and opt for a shower instead. Or, if you have young children, then you might want to choose nonslip flooring and grab bars to make sure everyone stays safe.
Finally, don’t forget about your budget when selecting tiles and accessories for your bathroom. There are plenty of high-end options out there, but they’re not always necessary.
Save Time and Money with the AMD Remodeling Team!
A good shower can revitalize your mind and body, but it’s not easy finding the perfect one. A new shower might seem like a big investment of time and money. However, there are many ways to make it worth your while. For the shower of your dreams, call AMD Remodeling today!
We work with customers across Dallas, Richardson, Plano, Addison, Carrollton, Allen, Frisco, Murphy, and Wylie, TX. Get started on your dream design and remodeling project by calling 469-547-5887 to schedule your free consultation!