10 Home Remodeling Projects You Need For Summer
The summer is a great time to think about home improvements. After an entire year of watching the weather, you might finally have an idea of what you need to do with your home. Here are 10 ideas for projects that can go a long way in making your home more comfortable and increasing its resale value.
1. Give your porch or deck a facelift.
2. Add some curb appeal with new landscaping.
3. Get rid of those old, drafty windows.
4. Create a backyard oasis with a new pool or patio.
5. Give your kitchen a makeover.
6. Turn your basement into the ultimate man cave or home theater.
7. Add a sunroom or conservatory.
8. Update your bathroom with a new vanity and fixtures.
9. Install hardwood floors throughout your home.
10. Give your home a fresh coat of paint inside and out.
Plan it Out!
1. Cost Breakdown:
The average person spends between $12,000 and $35,000 on a home remodeling project. The biggest factor that will affect your cost is the size of your project. If you’re planning a major renovation, such as adding an addition to your home, you can expect to spend on the high end of that range. On the other hand, if you’re just doing some cosmetic updates, such as painting or replacing flooring, your costs will be on the lower end of that range.
2. Planning Your Project:
Once you have an idea of how much your project will cost, it’s time to start planning. First, you’ll need to decide what kind of contractor you want to hire. If you’re doing a major renovation, you’ll need to hire a general contractor who can oversee the entire project. For smaller projects, you may be able to hire a handyman or another type of specialist. Once you’ve decided who you want to hire, it’s time to start getting estimates. Make sure to get at least three estimates from different contractors before making a final decision.
3. Financing Your Project:
If you’re not paying for the project yourself, you’ll need to make sure that you have financing in place. If you’re buying a new home, the builder will probably require that you pay at least a portion of the total cost before you move in. Otherwise, your lender will want to know how you plan to pay for the project upfront.
4. Design and Planning:
Once your contractor has all of the materials needed for the job, he or she can start actual construction activities. This is also where having a good architect on board can really help speed things along and get your renovation done more quickly. An architect will work with you to design what needs to be done and then direct the workers on-site so they know exactly what needs to be done first.
5 Things to Consider Before Remodeling
Before you start any home remodeling project, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. Here are 10 things to think about before you begin:
1. Define your goals. What are you hoping to achieve with your remodel? This will help you narrow down your options and make decisions along the way.
2. Set a budget. How much can you afford to spend on your project? This will help you determine what type of remodeling is possible and how extensive it can be.
3. Choose a contractor carefully. Not all contractors are created equal! Make sure to do your research and pick someone who is reputable and has experience with the type of project you’re undertaking.
4. Get the proper permits. Depending on the nature of your project, you may need to obtain a permit from your city or county. Be sure to check into this before starting any work.
5. Make a plan. Once you know what you want to do, it’s time to start planning out the details. This includes everything from choosing materials to picking out fixtures and appliances.
5 Helpful Tips to Prepare Your Home
1. Get your air conditioner serviced. This is one of the most important things you can do to prepare your home for summer. A well-functioning air conditioner will help keep your home cool and comfortable during the hotter months.
2. Inspect your windows and doors. Make sure that your windows and doors are properly sealed to keep out hot air. You may need to replace worn weatherstripping or add new caulking around your windows and doors.
3. Check your ceiling fans. Ceiling fans can help circulate air in your home and make it feel cooler. Make sure that all of your ceiling fans are in good working order before summer starts.
4. Prepare your outdoor space. If you have a patio or deck, make sure it is clean and ready for use. Consider adding some shade with an awning or umbrella.
5. Stock up on supplies. Summertime means entertaining guests and spending time outdoors. Make sure you have plenty of supplies on hand, including food, drinks, sunscreen, and insect repellent
How to Create a Budget for Your Home Remodel
When you’re planning a home remodel, the first step is to create a budget. This will help you determine how much money you need to spend on materials, labor, and other costs.
One way to create a budget is to get estimates from contractors. They can give you an idea of how much it will cost to do the work you want. You can also use online calculators to get an estimate of the cost of your project.
Another way to create a budget is to set aside a certain amount of money each month for your remodeling project. This will help you save up for the costs over time.
Once you have a budget, stick to it as closely as possible. This will help you stay on track and avoid overspending.
15 Important Questions To Ask Your Contractor
If you’re thinking about undertaking a home remodeling project this summer, there are a few important questions you need to ask your contractor before getting started. Here are 15 of the most important ones:
1. What is your experience with home remodeling projects?
2. Do you have any references I can contact?
3. What type of insurance do you have?
4. What is your estimate for the cost of the project?
5. When do you anticipate the project will be completed?
6. What type of warranty or guarantee do you offer?
7. What kind of materials will be used?
8. How will the project be financed?
9. How often will progress reports be provided?
10. What is your policy on change orders?
11. Are you licensed and bonded?
12. Do you have workers’ compensation insurance?
13. What are your hours of operation?
14. How many workers will be on-site during the project?
15. Do you have liability insurance?
Choose AMD Remodeling for your next remodeling project!
Whether you are tired of looking at the same old walls or would like to inject a good dose of personality into your interior with a fresh coat of paint, the team of home painting experts at AMD Remodeling can help you get the paint job done swiftly, safely and with minimal mess. Our painting specialists are licensed, bonded, and insured, and have the know-how to get the home painted and make it look fresh and new.
We work with customers across Dallas, Richardson, Plano, Addison, Carrollton, Allen, Frisco, Murphy, and Wylie, TX. Call our remodeling contractors to discuss your remodeling needs today: 469-547-5887.